Sunday, December 16, 2007

Beer Review: Lancaster Hop Hog India Pale Ale

Lancaster Hop Hop IPA


Hop Hog is definitely an attractive title for an IPA, even if it is made by the Amish. I didn't know the Amish knew anything about good times. This beer, like all of Lancaster's other beers is described as brewed naturally. This makes me wonder which breweries use preservatives. I never really knew there was a need with beer but I could certainly be wrong. I may have to investigate this more in the future. This beer pour a deep copper color and has a slightly hoppy odor.

This is really a below average IPA. It has some hoppy character but it is really not too strong. Certainly not worthy of the Hop Hog title. I feel that little hop gluttony has actually occurred here. But what can you really expect from such a conservative people? This kinda reminds me of a standard pale ale. Its not terrible but it really lacks that flavor you expect with a IPA. Beers like the Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA really cream this poor attempt. I wouldn't get this again, even if it where half the price it is. Its just not satisfying.

Final Score: 62% (Unimpressive and Below Average)

No comments: