Thursday, October 25, 2007

Beer Review: Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA


Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

I purchased this beer after a long day of work (see a trend yet?). I had never tried any of the Dogfish Head brewery products and I felt that as I had heard this was a good India Pale Ale I would give it a shot. Let me start this off by saying that if you don't like hops, stop reading now. This beer is hardcore IPA which means you get plenty of hops and all the good stuff that results (usually higher alcohol to balance the hoppy bitterness). The beer pours a brown/amber color and has a pretty distinct smell of hops. On a side note whenever I get close to coming back home (Jersey City) I go over a bridge that has a very consistent smell of hops and it is starting to drive me insane. Why do I have to crave beer at 7:30 in the morning??????? It's no wonder why I am now writing in a beer blog that I never actually started until I started to commute to and from my new job.

If you at all consider yourself a fan of IPAs or well brewed beers in general you owe it to yourself to try this. They managed to perfectly balance the slightly higher alcohol percentage (6%) by using a large amount of hops. This results in what I would call the ideal IPA. Stop reading and go try this!

Final Score: 91% (Pick This Up!)

No comments: