Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Beer Review: Samuel Adams Old Fezziwig Ale

Samuel Adams Old Fezziwig Ale

I gotta say, I can't tell if its after all the Amish beer or what but this is really good. Its not the best beer I have ever had but it definitely holds its own. This is a dark ale brewed with cinnamon, ginger, and orange. Its actually not over spiced which really surprised me. I expected to be bombarded with cinnamon and orange and get no beer flavor at all. I am glad that this is not the case.

This definitely makes me think of all the goodness that the holidays bring. One of the best things about this is the smell. It really smells great. You get a great smell of cinnamon and ginger. Almost smells like a dessert. This is truly a great beer. I look forward to many more years with good old fezziwig ale.

Final Score: 84% (A Solid Beer. Worth the Time)

No comments: