Saturday, April 12, 2008

Beer Review: Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

This was a rare find considering I found a couple of these at the end of March. This pumpkin ale style of beer is one that I wanted to try more of and had only had some lackluster examples of. Luckily this one stands out as the best pumpkin ale I have ever had. Pours a dark amber with an aroma that isn't far from fresh pumpkin pie. An average head is present.

The flavor is fantastic. Rich malt background with multiple spices coming through. Brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice make themselves known. This is surprisingly not over spiced however. I can't think of a better beer to have during Halloween or Thanksgiving. I love it now and its April. If you like pumpkin pie and beer you will love this. At 7% alcohol this one also packs a decent punch.

Final Score: 87% (Holiday Greatness, All Year Round)

No comments: