Thursday, November 15, 2007

Beer Review: Ballantine XXX Ale


Ballantine XXX Ale in a 40 oz. Bottle

This beer rocks. I really love Ballantine Ale. I have partaken in the 12 oz. bottles many times and this was my first 40 oz. bottle. What I love about Ballantine is that they have the price of a macrobrew (even cheaper sometimes) but you can easily tell that they spend more money on each batch. I can smell and taste the hops. 40s really don't get better than this. I had the King Cobra 40 earlier tonight and this blows that out of the water.

If you want to get drunk for cheap get Steel Reserve. If you want to get drunk cheap and well get Ballantine (Yeah Slogans!). I am pretty buzzed at this point and feel that my writing may suffer from now on. I am aware of Ballantine's rich history and all I have to say is that if it is good enough for the Yankees and Hunter S. Thompson it is good enough for Lumbeer John. Keep the legend alive.

Final Score: 83% (Economical and Hoppy)

No comments: