Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Beer Review: Harpoon Winter Warmer

Harpoon Winter Warmer

I drove through hellish Hoboken/Holland tunnel traffic for this. This trash. I had such high hopes for this one. I had heard great things about the Harpoon brewery and I was incredibly excited to sample my first of what I hoped was a great line of beers. This was far from a great beer.

The only things that I can say I enjoyed about this beer are its color and smell. It smells like warm cinnamon and is a dark copper color in appearance. I really hate the flavor. It is like having an Atomic Fireball in your mouth. I have never tasted such a concentration of cinnamon in any beer before this. I have had spiced but this is well beyond that. This is burned. I really wish I could have tasted the beer so that I could review some other flavors but all I get is cinnamon. If you LOVE cinnamon give this a shot, but for anyone who likes beer stay away. Far away.

Final Score: 55% Waste of Money and Taste Buds

No comments: