Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beer Review: Saranac Black Forest


Saranac Black Forest

I am thrilled that the Matt Brewery has decided to include both the Black Forest and the Brown Ale into their Trail Mix six packs. I love that I can now buy a six pack of six different beers. Great sweet America. This brew has a very light aroma and a dark appearance. Pours very smooth into the glass.

The first thing I notice is that this has a very light mouthfeel. I expected a very heavy beer that would overload me with rich malty goodness. This is not the case, but it also isn't a bad thing. This actually makes this a very unique beer. It has a very sweet and smooth maltiness that goes down very light. Its almost like malt syrup. I detect very little hops in this as well. Overall, I think this is a great offering and I am glad to now be able to welcome it to my home.

Final Score: 76% Malty and Sweet, Dark and Smooth, Good Beer.

No comments: