Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beer Review: Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen

Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen

I really love Oktoberfest beers. The Marzen style always greets me with a smile. Some are definitely better than others though. This time of year I grab them wherever I can find them before they disappear for the season. This should be a real deal Oktoberfest style as it is from Munich and depicts many obese women carrying steins around. Obese women know their beer fests.

This beer pours a rich copper color with a small head that hangs around for a bit. There doesn't seem to be any lacing going on. This really has a nice flavor. A bit of honey and a rich maltiness. No idea if I spelled maltiness right or if that is even a word. No matter. This is a pretty solid beer with a good aroma and a nice golden flavor. I would not say this is my favorite but it is one of the most available of the Oktoberfests so this will definitely not be the last time I partner up with the obese women.


Final Score: 72% Pretty Standard

No comments: