Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Beer Review: Climax IPA

Climax Brewing Company India Pale Ale

This beer makes it the last Climax brew I can review until Dave and Kurt come out with a new brew. Sad in one way but I also feel pleased that I have reviewed all of there yearly offerings. This IPA pours a golden amber color with a great robust head. The aroma is beautiful. Some of the freshest malt and hop aromas around. I love fresh beer. When properly stored by distributors and stores Climax always delivers.

This flavor is wonderful. This is an IPA in true traditional European style. Very hoppy but not overpowering. If a brew can bring on the hops while still delivering a balanced beer I am on cloud 9. This is a beer I could drink all night. I just can't get enough.

Balance and freshness are the two most important characteristics in beer to me. This beer has both. If you are lucky enough to be able to purchase this at your local liquor store you should not hesitate. I would like to meet the person who could be disappointed with this brew. Fantastic.

Final Score: 96% (One of the Elite All-Time Great IPAs. Hop Fans Must Try!)

No comments: