Monday, March 10, 2008

Beer Review: Saranac Lager

Saranac Traditional Lager

This is Saranac's version of a Budweiser. A beer that I have only found at one store. Up north near my parents is a Shop Rite liquor that has had this beer for some time now. I never tried it even though I am a huge fan or Saranac because of the modest description. Pours a very light gold color with a modest head. Similar to a macrobrew. Aroma is also similar to a macrobrew, that slight sweet maltyness with no hop aroma.

The taste.... its kinda like a Coors. But slightly better. You can taste the wheat used in the malt to some extent. It like a slightly better macrobrew. This is a beer that is designed for use in large quantities or with spicy food. Other than that it really doesn't have much use. I don't see why someone would buy this when for the same price they could pick up an other variety of Saranac. It just isn't that good. It's like they went out of their way to brew a sub par beer. I don't get it. If you can't handle flavorful beer but don't want a Budweiser... drink this or invent something new.

Final Score: 65% (Below Average, Not Special)

No comments: