Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Beer Review: Dundee Honey Brown

High Falls Brewing Co. Dundee Original Honey Brown Lager

After revamping their product line, even if it was mostly packaging, I decided that I had to try the new Dundee (formerly J.W. Dundee) lineup. Their most popular offering pours a color not far at all from honey itself. Very faint aroma, some malt with maybe a bit of honey, could be my imagination. The head is very strong, builds quickly and retains a solid covering for a long time.

The flavor is very nice. I can see why this is the most famous and popular of the Dundee lineup. The honey flavor is very pleasant. Enough is there so that it can be easily detected but not so much that it overwhelms the malt flavor present. I don't taste any real hop flavor but they are present for bittering.

This is a great offering. Something truly unique and flavorful. I am also extremely impressed with the modest price of the 12 bottle variety pack. I picked it up for $9.99. That kind of pricing is almost unheard of for quality craft beer. I look forward to trying more of the Dundee lineup.

Final Score: 85% (Flavorful and Unique beer offered at a Low Price)

No comments: