Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beer Review: Blue Point Oktoberfest

Blue Point Brewing Company Oktoberfest Lager

My second Blue Point review. I had to pick up the Oktoberfest as I love a malty lager and I don't really get Blue Point seasonals in Jersey City. Ah, the advantages of traveling. More places equals more beers. This fest brew pours a rich amber color with a brief head. I don't really get much in terms of aroma, though I am getting over a cold. Don't hold me to my aroma judgments.

Flavor is definitely malty and lagery (if that's a word). The malt flavor is radiant in this brew and is comparable to even the best microbrewed Oktoberfests that I have had. That same fresh lagered malt goodness. Its hard to describe. Kinda like sweet bread fresh out of the oven. That gets you drunk. Good bread. The hopping is exactly where it should be. Noticeable but in the background. The hops wait for the malt to come out on stage and pull the curtain down.

This is one of the most drinkable Oktoberfest beers that I have ever had. Second only to the Climax Oktoberfest. I will certainly get this again. Happiness comes from quality lagers.

Final Score: 90% (One of the Best Oktoberfests Available. Long Island Rocks.)

No comments: