Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beer Review: Saranac Pomegrante Wheat

Matt Brewing Company Saranac Pomegranate Wheat Ale

This is one of the most drinkable beers in existence. I don't know why this combo works so well but it does. I am not at all surprised that they decided to brew this year round after the popularity was clear. This is the epitome of summer beer to me. The head doesn't really happen but the aroma is all wheat and pomegranate. As expected.

The flavor is unique and delicious. The fruity pomegranate flavor hits you first followed by the solid wheat backbone. I am surprised there aren't more copies of this in existence. On a hot (or cold) day you will really enjoy this. Its kind of the sweet fruit and the sturdy/sour malt contrast. I have bought sixes of this in the past and will continue to in the future.

This is an excellent beer if you want something that is very drinkable yet different than a Coors light. I will always go for this on a hot summer day. If its warm, pick one of these up. You will be refreshed.

Final Score: 93% (One of the Most Drinkable Beers Ever)

No comments: