Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beer Review: Brooklyn Lager

Brooklyn Brewing Company Brooklyn Lager

This is a classic. After the tour of their brewery I had to have a taste of the flagship product. Pours exactly as seen in the above picture. Just with more hops than you can see. Head is strong and holds the line against the forces of weak thin evil heads. I definitely get some hops in the aroma. Citrus you tease me.

Flavor is exactly as a flagship balanced lager should be. The malt and the hops both shine. The rich amber malt shows it's presence and delivers the slightly roasted caramel flavor while allowing the very citrusy hops to shine though. No matter what you are looking for the flavor of this will not disappoint. Very drinkable yet deep. That rare combination of brains and brawn. If I could brew a beer of this quality I would be a happy drunk man. The only downside is the lack of... damnit, I can't come up with anything.

This brew has been a mainstay of my bar hopping choices for good reason. This will meet almost any beer craving I have. In one clean glass. Whether you want malt or hops this is a great beer for you. It doesn't explode with hops or malt but it delivers both. You will find yourself happier after finishing one of these.

Final Score: 88% (A Classic and a Quality Example of Brooklyn's Brews)

No comments: