Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Beer Review: Brooklyn Brown Ale

Brooklyn Brewing Company Brown Ale

Finally got a single of the Brooklyn Brown Ale. I've been wanting to try this for a while. I love a solid brown ale and Brooklyn has never disappointed. Pours a dark mahogany red with a decent sized head. Maybe an half an inch that recedes to a ring around the outside of the glass. Aroma is of pure chocolate spiced with hops. Very inviting.

The flavor is very chocolaty. Many browns skimp on the chocolate but this really delivers. Coffee flavors are there too but more muted in this than the typical brown. This reminds me of the Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, just with less malt. The hopping is also great. The spicy floral hop flavor really balances the malt nicely.

This is one of the best Brown Ales I have ever had. This is such a wonderfully balanced beer. I can't think of a single thing to improve on this. Mr. Oliver didn't skimp on anything. This is easy drinking, chocolaty, hoppy, and satisfying. I really wish I had more than a single bottle now. I think this beer just earned a great score.

Final Score: 91% (As Good as a Brown Gets. Delicious.)

No comments: